Wednesday 14 October 2015

Skye Trail.....completion at last ! - Wednesday 14th October 2015

So the last section of the Skye Trail eluded me when I attempted to walk it all at Easter; it's not quite the same going back to finish just the last section of a walk, a complete end to end is ore satisfying, but it's has felt unfinished business.....and it's not that far from here. 

So I have a plan, but travel logistics are not great, one bus a day from Broadford to Elgol and that's early afternoon; so it's back to the old tried and tested method of hitching a lift. I park at Broadford and start wondering down the road to Torrin and stick my thumb out as the first car approaches (there aren't many on this road !) and it stops; I'm in luck, a young couple from Edinburgh On holiday and hoping to climb Blaven; they drop me in Torrin, exactly where my walk had finished six months ago. I show them the map and talk through the route to climb Blaven, they were a bit apprehensive, the weather is not as good as yesterday, I hope they summited. 

For me, it's simply a case of walking back to Broadford, but the off-road coastal route. It's very windy which makes it a bit unpleasant and I definitely prefer mountain walking to coastal walking but, as I said earlier, it's unfinished business and needs completing.




I see 4 people walking today, it's getting busy up here !! It's an ok walk, and in a little over three hours, I've walked the last 14 miles of the Skye Trail, a tick in the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment