Wednesday 14 October 2015

Falls of Glomach - Monday 12th October 2015

I am awake early and slept badly, so am up and away early. Fortunately Tesco in Fort William is open at 7:30 so I can grab my supplies and the head North to Morvich. 

My original plan had been to revisit the Munro Beinn Fhada, but the weather is a little dubious I decide to explore and head to the Falls of Glomach. It's not an easy option, a ten mile round trip and plenty of rough ground and ascent too. It is one of the longest single drop waterfalls in Scotland, Russ and I crossed just above them in a LAMM quite a few years ago, but as you would expect in a MM we never had time to look.




Well the weather did improve and I amazed by the several huge herds of deer and the very errie roars of the stags. Well the falls were spectacular and worth the long walk, it was then back the same way and into Morvich Caravan Club site, my home for the next 4 days. 

Oh, and I added in a 4 mile round walk to the Kintail Lodge for dinner - fish & chips, Eaton Mess and two beers, the walk back did me good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment