Saturday 17 October 2015

A Corbett and a Munro - Thursday 15th October 2015

Another cold and clear night - could hear the deer roaring, the joys of the Cali's canvas sides :-)

So I have a plan, walk from base to climb the remote Corbett of Sgurr Gaorsaic (Peak of Horror, I later learn !), 839m. 

I again walk up Gleann Choinneachain, this time to Bealach an Sgairne, and then descend slightly to the loch; I stop here for coffee, the Jetboil is so good (I'm a member of the Jetboil fan club.....:-) !). And then the long plod, following the line of the fence posts to the summit of the Sgurr Gaorsaic; it's another lonely day, it's taken me about 3 hours to get here and not seen a sole.

The descent back together loch and quick and then it's a short climb back up to the Bealach. It's only just after 1pm, so I decide to bag a Munro too; obviously I have already climbed this, but that's not a good enough reason to pass on this opportunity. I reckon on 1 hour to the summit, 1 hour down to the forest track and an hours walk back to base from there. I'm reality, it's about 45 minutes to the summit, and the views were spectacular....out to the Cuillins, and the Skye Bridge, 40 minutes ton the forest track and, as reckoned, close to an hour back to base. 

It was worth it, a great day out in big remote Scottish hills, and I didn't see anyone all day. The Kintail Hotel beckons....good, beer and some company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment