Saturday 17 October 2015

A Corbett and then home - Friday 16th October 2015

It's another very chilly night, my Marmot Plasma keeps me warm and use the remote control to active the Cali's heater - I want it to warm up from just 1c inside temperature.....and it quickly does. 

Then I'm up and away early, it's a long drive home from here and I'm keen to tick off another Cornett on route. 

So I park up just beyond the Claunie Inn; usual routine, kettle on and another coffee while I sort (faff) with kit but, so what, it's a fantastic day. All along Glen Sheil it's thick mist, but within 5 minutes of climbing the stalkers path towards Am Bathach (The Byre), 798m, I am in glorious, and very warm sunshine, what a day. 




It's only just over an hour walk to the summit, the views are spectacular but I need to get home. So quickly back down the great grassy ridge to the Cali and then crank up the 180bhp, twin turbo to get to Fort Bill for some lunch. Then the long slog home, via Costa. Back home soon after 6:30, a good journey and despite my not waiting around, manage 32.5 mpg (but who knows what emissions...VW !!) which is an all time best......was 4motion really worth it :-/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment