Wednesday 14 October 2015

Heading to Scotland (and a Corbett) - Sunday 11th October 2015

So I'm up and away early, first stop breakfast at Tiso Outdoor Centre in Glasgow, just along from Douglas Park BMW, where my X3 came from !

Breakfast sorted and a bit of essential (!!) kit purchased (Scarpa Zen Pro's.....!!!) and I'm back heading North, next stop Kingshouse Hotel. 

I park on the wee road behind the hotel and my objective for the afternoon is the Corbett, Beinn a' Chrulaiste (Rocky Hill), at 857m. Despite the dry weather that Scotland and Northern have enjoyed for the last month or so, I have wet feet within the first 5 minutes.....the joys of path less meanders in the Highlands. 

But the weather is stunning, I'm in shorts and I even think there are some pesky midges about. I head up into Coire Bhalach and am soon climbing the final ridge to the summit; what a superb viewpoint for the whole of Rannoch and Glencoe, plus so much more, including straight down Glen Etive. 

It's a brisk descent to Altnafeadh and then along the West Highland Way to the waiting Cali.....tea is soon made and I sit back and enjoy. I could have happily stayed here all evening bit I drag myself away and pitch up at Glen Nevis campsite, that's not a bad place to be either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment