Sunday 15 May 2011

(short) Ultra 100 Recce - Sunday 15th May 2011

Legs tired today, me tired today- wide awake from 5am despite my still needing to make-up sleep from Friday night.

But feel the need to put a few more miles in the legs...decide on an afternoon run from Ambleside on a section of the Ultra 100 route.

It's a bit wet, a bit cold and low cloud....not the most inspring of days. I head out from Low Fold carpark and take the route below Wansfell to Robin Lane and then into Troutbeck. Desend to the Kirkstone Road and start the long grind up the Garburn Pass - manage to run all the way to the top.

It's colder, wetter and windier up there so I did not hang around, headed back down and retraced my steps to Ambleside. Out for 2 hours, that's enough for today.

Pop into Cafe Altitude for a much needed latte and waffles with maple syrup :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment