Thursday 5 May 2011

Helm Training - Wednesday 4th May 2011

So with pressure from both above and below I finally bow and decide to join Billy's 'elite' group for training tonight; I am daunted by this....

This is not helped by Billy suggesting that I start further down the hill, close to Tom (he came 5th at Coniston and has represented England at International level !); however, I am surprised at the pace, I keep up and overtake many of the others in the group.

We run 3 sets of 3 reps from bottom to top of Helm, each set via a different route. I did begin regret cycling to and from work and running to the Helm from home after about the 5th ! But I kept going; what is notably different is the short, or lack of, recovery and the fact that we trained for a full hour.

The run home was hard but I was glad I stepped up...not sure this will happen every week but I was not put off.

No comments:

Post a Comment