Saturday 28 May 2011

Lingmoor - Saturday 28th May 2011

I should be out for a long run today but my legs say different....so I listen to my body !

I park at Elterwater and head through slate quarry and over to Little Langdale. Drop down to Slater's Bridge and follow track West. The earlier rain has cleared, a bit windy but not too bad at this level. Come out onto the Wrynose Pass road and then cut off to Blea Tarn; same path as last week towards the end of the OCT; don't feel any fresher today than I did last week and, at that stage, I had been running for over 9hrs !

From the cattle grid I head up to Lingmoor, a steady climb which goes quickly; then just a gentle run along the ridge before dropping back down through the quarry to Elterwater. Coffee in the camper tastes good.

Out for about 2 hours, a good run and enough for me today.

Feel the need to stop at More Bakery, Staveley on the way home for a bacon & egg bap....so I do :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment