Friday 14 October 2011

A long run (at last) - Wednesday 12th October 2011

I'll be honest (and don't take this personally RC), I can't face training being back on the streets ! It is still light until 6.45 ish so I decide on a longer run from home - my aim is to be out for 2 hours and I know this means finishing in the dark.

I have not been putting enough miles in recently, can't be helped, just the way weekends / races / recces have gone recently.

So, from home, I head out towards the canal path, down to the river, up to the Strickland Arms, through Sizergh to helsington, down and along the track, cross the Brigsteer Road, continue along the track, path through the woods, the big climb up the Scar and this brings me to my special place.

Along the edge of the Scar, cross the Underbarrow road, to the summit of Cunswick Scar, back to the Underbarrow Road, to the mushroom. the trig point, it is now dark, along the Scar and drop down to the road. Road down to Prizet and then Hawes Lane to home.

I have no idea how far this was but I am out for 2hrs 10mins - feel like I have been a long way, might try this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment