Saturday 1 October 2011

Beinn Eighe, Torridon - Thursday 29th September 2011

Beinn Eighe is the third of the great Torridoniants. The munro of Spidean Coire nan Clach (993m) is of two munros on this mountain; the other, Ruadh Stac Mor (1010m) I had climbed previously, before they had promoted the other to munro status !

The weather as I left Kinlochewe looked promising but soon after I parked and set-off the cloud dropped, the rain fell and the wind picked-up...oh great.

My original plan was to climb to to Spidean and then follow the spectacular ridge to the second summit and then descend into the impressive corrie of Coire Mhic Fhearchair, but conditions up high made this a pointless exercise. So I climbed the munro I needed to climb, turned round and head back down, a bit disappointing but no need to suffer !

Once back down I head south, back to Glen Nevis - this now feels much less remote and northerly, that's what some time in the far north does to you !

No comments:

Post a Comment