Saturday 1 October 2011

Conival - Tuesday 27th September 2011

A wet and windy start - I drive a little way out of Ullapool to Inverleal, right where the LAMM started earlier this year. During this event we climbed two of the four munros in this range - so hence my being back here today to tick the other two off !

I walk up the track through the forest and then along Gleann na Squaib - it is wet and windy, I have full waterproofs on and know that I will be in cloud on the summits. It is a long climb up the glen and it eventually brings me to some lochans, nestled below three of the four summits. It is an out and back to both summits, I head to Meall Nan Ceapraichean first (977m), this does not take long and I am soon skirting around the lochans and out to Cona'Mheall (980m), it turns really wild on this summit and I am quick to head back down to the relative shelter of the glen.

It is a long walk out and again I enjoy coffee and cake back in the camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment