Thursday 12 April 2012

Loughrigg Fell Race - Wednesday 11th April 2012

This is one of my favourite short races and the first of the year.

The weather clears, it is a warm and sunny evening, ideal conditions. As usual, a good Helm turn-out although not as many as I would expect...but it is Coledale on Saturday. I set off first and lead the race out of the park and across the bridge, not a great plan as I die very soon into the steep track !

Anyway, I continue to run well and am puzzled by others route choice....their loss, my gain. These short races are never easy, full on from the start. Not sure of position at the summit but continue to run well on the way down, good to shout and receive encouragement to / from other Helm runners. Again, I am puzzled by others route choice...but again their loss my gain.

I run strong and hold off any overtakers, finish 8th and 1st MV40 - good result. Helm also get LV40 (Kath) and Ladies Team prize and, I think, Lauren picks up a prize U18's (?). Just hope I have not over-done-it, Highlander Mountain Marathon this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment