Monday 2 April 2012

Coniston 14 - Saturday 31st March 2012

I entered this some months ago and had not trained specifically for a road race - I had no idea how I would do or what pace to set-off at.

A good Helm turn-out: Kath, Dave R, Geoff, Ian and Leonie and, perhaps, a few more. The day is cooler but dry, ideal running conditions.

I start near the front and am soon passed by a few runners; however, I run hard, don't feel relaxed but don't let that slow me, and on the East side of the lake I start to gain some places.

I am constantly calculating my pace and possible finish time, maybe inside 1hr 30mins ?

I continue to run strong all the way to the finish - the crowds in the village of Coniston give tremendous support and will me on. I finish in 1hr 25mins 59secs - I am pleased with this and come 17th, and in the prizes :-)

Full results:

No comments:

Post a Comment