Thursday 7 April 2011

A run in the sun...Scout Scar - 7th April 2011

A sunny day...at last. Lunchtime run required, I drive to Brigsteer Woods, just 5 minutes away from the office and this puts me in an ideal place to head to Scout Scar.

Warm and sunny, with a slight breeze, I head up field towards Helsington Church. Just before, I drop down to join a track which eventually leads to Brigsteer Road. A few metres up the road and then North along a track, someway below the Scar, to join a path through the woods. After the farm the real hard works begins, a long climb diagonally climbs the Scar and turning left at the top I make my way to the Mushroom.

Great views to the Lakeland fells today and very easy to pick out the numerous summits as depicted on the viewfinder on the inside of the mushroom. Need to head back now, so along the top of Scar and eventually back down to Helsington Church; just time it right to see a paraglider attempting to take-off but not successful !

Back at car, 6.3 miles, not bad for a lunchtime run - need to get back to the office for a shower and a healthy lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment