Tuesday 5 April 2011

Langdale Pikes - Sunday 3rd April 2011

Having had tough weekends for as long as I can recall, I decided to take things a little easier this weekend. As is now becoming part of my normal routine, I called in at More Bakery for coffee and croissant before heading to Langdale in the camper.

The day was already looking much better than Saturday but the cloud base was a little lower than the higher Langdale summits. I parked at the New Dungeon Ghyll carpark and after more coffee headed up the quieter path to the right of Dungeon Gyhll to Stickle Tarn; this path usually avoids the crowds of the main path but, looking down on this, there did not seem that many people out.

Soon at the Tarn, I skirted to the right and took the faint path towards Seargeant Man, the first summit of the day.



From Sergeant Man I headed to High Raise (762m) which is one of my favourite Lakeland peaks. To me, this feels to be the centre of the Lakes with just about every range and peak visibile in a 360o panarama.




The next objective was Thunacar Knott, then to Harrison Stickle and Pike O'Stickle, a familiar route and sequence for anyone acquainted with the Bob Graham Round. From Stickle, I cut back to Loft Crag and then down the main path back to the camper and more coffee...I think I have a worrying addiction to caffeiene.

I think my body and soul appreciated an easier day out, I think (and hope) this will allow me to run strong this week and on into the weekend...we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment