Tuesday 5 April 2011

Helm Hill Run - Monday 4th April 2011

Managing to set-off earlier, I headed along the west side of the Kent out of town, past the sewage works towards Natland. The ground was vey wet after earlier heavy rain, but conditions, over head, were better than expected. Getting as far as Hawes Bridge, I realised that I needed to head back into town, and quickly, so made a quick dash along the canal path back to the Leisure Centre. !

Making it back with 5 minutes to spare (and having run 4.25 miles) I just had just enough time to see the dedicated few being out through their paces on the track at KK school - glad I wasn't there !

About ten of us set-off from at 6.45pm and, for some strange reason, I led the group along the river to Hawes Bridge....familiar terrain ! However, from here, we crossed the bridge and then carried on along the river towards Sedgwick; cutting back before then we headed up to Natland and towards the Helm; a quick familiarisation for Wednesday !

Time was running short so a quick blast through Oxenholme station and down the hill led us back to the start; about 6.5 miles, bringing my evening total to around 10.75 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment