Friday 22 April 2011

Loughrigg Fell Race - Wednesday 13th April 2011

A tough day at work today...feel fired-up for a good race tonight. The weather is not great, misty, cold and damp but this might make me run faster, no views to enjoy !

A massive turn-out from Helm, 35 of us in total including juniors...fantastic, what a Club :-) This race always has a mad dash from the park to the stone bridge; for once, I am part of this and near the front. I climb strong, overtaking, to my surprise, some of Helm's elite athletes and make the summit in 4th place. However, these younger guys have no fear and soon rip past me on the descent. It was great to hear words of encouragement from Helm runners as I passed them on back.

Finished 10th and 3rd MV40 in a time of 30:59, by far a PB. Helm did great, both ladies and mens team prizes and many more. Full results and details can be found at:

http://www.amblesideac.org.uk/loughrigg2011.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment