Thursday 7 April 2011

Back on the Helm - Wednesday 6th April 2011

At last, back on the Helm, Spring is here. After several very wet days, it has cleared up and the brisk wind has, to some extent, dried the mud.

Got to try out my new Inov-8 Road-X 255's on the way to the Helm, but legs felt heavy, how would I push myself on a gruelling hill rep session ?!

Russ in charge, he sends me off to lead a warm-up, tempted to take the group to the far end and run some easy laps for the evening....but hardly fair on Russ ! :-D

Anyway, he has given some thought to the session and it works well; hill reps, but sort-of in a pyramid session. I work hard and my new Inov-8 Baregrip 200's are performing well. Feel tired by the end and not good for Craig who, again, went over on his ankle and may be out of action for a few days; his training for the 3 Peaks, assisted by Mick, is/was coming on so well; hopefully not too serious set-back for him.

Then just faced with the run home, Inov-8 road shoes back on and off I slog; always hard on the way home but did not need to call upon my emergency energy supply...a banana - it was returned to the fruit bowl and little bruised and feeling unloved !

No comments:

Post a Comment