Friday 22 April 2011

Bob Graham Pacing Duties - 10th April 2011

I felt privileged to be approached by Natalie White, she was attempting her BG with friends Helen Jackson and Tim. I slotted in for the glory section...leg 5 so Russ and I made our way to Honister on what was another hot and sunny day.

Updates had revealed them being ahead of schedule so it was not too long to wait...whilst there, bumped into Lindsay and Helen Samson who had been out recce'ing Leg 5 in anticipation of Anthony Emmet's Epic Tri (more of this later...).

The support team had all the kit and food organised and the three of them soon jogged on looking very fresh and motivated for the last section. A quick top-up of fuel and we were off on the last main climb to the summit of Dale Head. This soon came and went and then on to Hindscarth and the last summit Robinson. This was not like many of the leg 5's I have paced before, no pressure, plenty of time and all three athletes looking strong.

Met up with support team in Newlands for change to road shoes (although I had heard that they favoured the footpath alternative to Keswick...I was keen to keep my new Inov-8 road shoes in pristine condition so decided to keep my fell shoes on....I know, I know...!). The footpath route was very pleasant and before long we were coming in to Portinscale and seeing the sign saying: 'Keswick 1 Mile'.

Plenty of friends and supporters at the Moot Hall to cheer them in, all three finished in an impressive 21:28. Well done guys and, for me, another great run out on the fells.

No comments:

Post a Comment