Tuesday 5 April 2011

Canal / River Run - 5th April 2011

Having not made it out earlier, an after work run from the office was required. Fortunately the rain had stopped, but what a day. The morning had started with our lane being flooded and the car park at Levens Hall being well under water, this being a combination of a high Spring tide and heavy overnight rain filling the short river Kent to bursting point.

The ground was seriosuly muddy and my Salomon XT's were hardly up to the job of keeping me upright. The river was still high and flowing fast, always an impressive sight. I ran through the Deer Park and then onto the old canal towpath as far as Hawes Lane. Needing to get some extra distance in, I did a quick river / canal loop before taking the river path back to Sedgwick and back into the Deer Park.

Around 8.25 miles tonight and finished in serious need of a shower and food. I, therefore, raided the office supply of biscuits whilst heading to the shower....it then took as long to wash the mud from the shower enclosure as it did to wash it from me....the joys of running !

No comments:

Post a Comment