Sunday 23 June 2013

Ride - Saturday 22nd June 2013

Just a short ride as I leave it a bit late, want to watch the Gummer's How race. Park at Crosthwaite and ride through Bowland Bridge and then uphill and even more uphill to Gummer's How. Not being sure of the race route I walk to the summit, carrying my bike, to find out that a. you can't hardly see any of the race from here and b. that where I left the road is where the runners will go and would be a good place to spectate !

So I wonder back down, carrying my bike to the gate. I can see that the Individual race has started, can just make out the boats being rowed across the lake.

It is not long before Alastair Dunn is in sight, well ahead of the pack.  A big Helm turnout in this small race, everyone seems to keep this to themselves ! 

I see them all head back down and am then torn. It will be at least 45 mins before the teams set off and reach this point, it is wet and cold and I am wet and cold !

A plan, ride back to car and then drive back here, should work out. I'm back in time to see the team race, again a big Helm turnout. Good to watch, maybe one year I'll enter.


No comments:

Post a Comment