Saturday 8 June 2013

Bendrigg 10k - Saturday 8th June 2013

A race I have always wanted to run but has always clashed with the LAMM; however, as there is no LAMM this year this is my opportunity. 

It is a hot day and the tarmac will be radiating heat. A good Helm turn out and a friendly atmosphere at the summer fete. The race starts promptly at 2pm, it's hot and hard work. I set off fast and for a short distance am in 2nd position. This doesn't last and I settle into 5th position which I maintain through the race. 

Heartbreak Hill, as it is affectionately known, is at the end of the race, I gain on the 4th place guy and think I can overtake him, I am working flat out, he realises this and digs a little deeper, managing to hold me off. 

So I settle for 5th (in about 38:40), Shaun, John, Phil and Brian all race well, as does Victoria and Ian. I pick up 1st V40, and form part of the winning Team and Vet Team; come away with some good prizes. 

A race to do again, just hope it doesn't clash next year with the LAMM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment