Thursday 20 June 2013

Hawkshead 10k - Wednesday 19th June 2013

I have not been training on the Helm for weeks and decide to miss again. It's the night of the Hawkshead 10k, one of my favourite road races.

This is very popular and is often a a Championship race for many clubs, tonight it was also the Cumbria Road Championship (?).

A warm evening and just a few Helm runners: KA, Shelley, Andy Bennett and Carol Graham (V70 !!). It's hard work, I had thought, having run well at Bendrigg and Cautley, that my running was on the up but it didn't feel like that tonight. Perhaps set off a bit quick and then never felt relaxed and at ease.

I finish in 19th position (out of 175 finsishers) and 3rd MV40 in the Cumbria Championship, time of about 37:58, over a monute slower than last year !

KA had a great race, 3rd Lady and 1st Cumbria Champion :-)

Drinks, BBQ and prize-giving in the Square after the race - a good evening out but could have been a better performance from me !

No comments:

Post a Comment