Monday 10 June 2013

Fairfield Horseshoe - Sunday 9th June 2013

Another hot day and I wait to late afternoon before heading out. Over to Rydal and a quick blast around the Horseshoe. The last of the walkers are heading down Nab Scar as I manage to run all the way to the top. My calfs are tight from yesterday's 10k but energy level is high......at last !

The sky has clouded over and it is sultry and looks very stormy; I don't like the thought of getting caught in a thunder storm on the fells so decide to out run it !

I am trying out a new bit of kit, an Ultimate Direction SJ: http://www.ultimatedirection.com/p-601-sj-ultra-vest.aspx?category=signature-series .....what a pack, soon available at The Outdoor Warehouse: http://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.uk/ ......and a detailed review from me to follow soon.


The ground is very dry and the running fast, it grows ever more stormy, but I am soon at the summit of Fairfield. I don't stop and keep running well. I make it round without the a storm developing and finish in about 2hrs 15mins; I am pleased with this, ran well and feel good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment