Saturday 24 September 2011

Pike O'Blisco / Helm Training - Wednesday 21st September 2011

Original plan was to climb Pike O'Blisco, Crinkle Crags and, possibly, Bowfell depending on when the weather turned nasty.

It was blustery at the ODG but dry and the going good for most of the way up Blisco. However, towards the top the wind picked up and it turned very wet. It was difficult to stand at the summit and I headed  down into this to Red Tarn.

It did not take me long to decide that Crinkles would not be fun today so headed down to the valley. Passed a guy who was really struggling and concerned, so walked with him some of the way back down - he was grateful.

It was much calmer back at the ODG but I am sure that conditions were no better, and perhaps worse, on the tops.

Manage to warm up an dry out ready for another run in the evening. On Helm, Russ organises a good downhill session and I run well. Dark as we finish, glad I drove there this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment