Saturday 24 September 2011

Orton Fell Race - Saturday 24th September 2011

I must confess I did not want to run this race and was only there as I needed it to count for my Club Champs results - however, I'm now glad I went !

It was a wet morning but fortunately by 2pm at Orton the drizzle had stopped - it was not cold and no wind. A big Helm turn-out and many runners keen to gain points, me especially !

I set off well, with Tom & Mark at the start but they soon left me and a few others overtook me. However, having negotiated the serious quantities of mud I climbed well and got past Robin. As expected though he came past on the descent but I again got him on the second climb. Sadly for me, the last section of this 6 miles race, was downhill so, once again, Robin went past.

I kept him in sight though and finished not far behind in 6th place; results. Some good Helm performances, particularly from Tom, Mark, Craig, Kath & Lindsay. I picked up 1st MV40 and also part of the Team Prize  - came away with two bottles of wine and some food goodies.

A good race, well chosen Russ !

No comments:

Post a Comment