Thursday 2 June 2011

Levens 10k - Wednesday 1st June 2011

A warm evening, but not as hot as last year, here in Levens. Although relatively flat, this is not the fastest of 10K routes (for me anyway).

My time from last year was about 41m 30, I should beat this but by how much ? I set off quick and lead the race for the first few hundred metres, I knew this would not last but enjoy it will I can. I settle into a good pace and am about 6th or 7th. The long straight road along the valley is hard work and it is good to turn towards Brigsteer and some climbing.

I overtake one or two runners and manage to not be overtaken myself. The route from Brigsteer is more undulating which suits me. I overtake again and a supporter tells me I'm in 4th place. This spurs me on and I hold this position; the finish seems along way and I am relieved to cross the line in 36:06; 41 secs outside my PB but much quicker than last year.

Other Helm runners do well, Kath 1st lady and her, Lindsay and Ali collect Ladies Team Prize. I, again, pick-up 1st MV 40 - this is a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment