Thursday 30 June 2011

Cairngorm Munros - Saturday 25th June 2011

I only have 2 munros left to climb in the Cairngorms so these are my mission for today.

Short drive to Linn of Dee - had decided not to bring bike so have an extra six miles to walk but the distance will do me good.

A little wary of leaving the camper, this parking area has a reputation for cars being broken in to and the amount of shattered glass in the area shows this is true !

So walk in to Derry Lodge and then head into the mist and drizzle to the first summit, Derry Cairngorm. Nothing to see here and chilly on top so head straight on to Britain's second highest mountain, Ben Macdui. Only see three people on the summit and decide to not stop long. Head off on a bearing to pick up the stream which I follow down until the ground eases off on the left.

From here I follow one of the few ridges in the area to the summit of Carn Mhaim, my third munro of the day and last remaining one in the area.

A long but easy walk out from here, over some of the ground which I will cover in tomorrow's race.

A good day out and two more munros ticked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment