Tuesday 10 February 2015

Petzl Grizedale Nightrunner - Saturday 7th February 2015

Well that's the name of a race, the third in a series of three. Had entered a while back and was focussed on this being my first race since my op and, obviously, first race of the year. 

Only 10k and on good trails through the forest; well way marked and with my Silva Headtorch on full not issues finding the way. We head over early, register and get sorted, as always I take too much kit and too many shoes so deciding what to wear is always difficult. 

But it shouldn't be too icy and the trails are hard so I decide on my Salomon Speedcross, 3/4 length tights, Helly and Inov-8 Windshell. Oh and also wear my new Peak Performance headband, having been wanting to wear this for a while now :-)

Anyway back to the race, after a quick warm-up we head to the start, together With the other 261 runners; there will inevitably be a bottle neck through the first gate so I get to the front. Soon off, I go at a good pace and soon settle in to the race. But 10k's can be full on, and this one is no exception. 

For a circular route there seems a lot of uphill, but this is what I enjoy and sometimes keeping the effort up on the descents and flats is harder work. Considering the number of racers, I run on my own most of the way and in,y pass or get passed a couple of times. 

I am pleased with my race, 11th position and a time of 43:04. KA has a fantastic race, 19th overall and 2nd lady, so we need to stay for prize giving :-)

Then need food, shame nothing organised after the race so head to Zeff's for a pizza and beer - well deserved. 




No comments:

Post a Comment