Monday 9 February 2015

Howgills - Tuesday 3rd February 2015

Another cold day and I plan and organise myself for a night run on the Howgills.

I park just along from the People's Hall and reluctantly take off my down jacket. I head up through farm and start on the Carnethy race route. I'm soon warm but actually don't regret wearing an extra layer. The climb up Crook is tough, patchy ice but not enough to need microspikes. 

Then on to Arrant How, again the climb is tough and as I approach the top the wind picks up; it's a Northerly again and with it comes some flurries of dry snow. My legs are suffering and mindful of ice, I decide to head straight to Winder and forgo the big descend and extra climb. Good running from the summit soon gets me back to my car and a very welcome cup of tea. 

 Good to be out on the fells in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment