Friday 24 October 2014

FRA Relays, Middleton Fell - Sunday 19th October 2014

So after a big build-up and numerous recce's, it's off to the races ! Forecasts not great, very windy and possibility of heavy showers.  I'm V40 team captain and running leg 3, the nav leg, with GB.  

All goes well, the team arrive....always a good start and Phil Rigby puts in a good effort on leg 1; Paul and Craig head off on leg 2 and run really strongly and then GB and I are off. The leg is surprisingly short and navigation straight forward but I work hard to keep with Garry and he's definitely holding back for me. So I guess a bit disappointing for me but Jonny on leg 4 puts in a fine effort and we finish about 12th Vet team overall. I'm pleased with that. 

It's a good, but long, day out and the 5 other Helm Teams all run well, especially the ladies and Dave's Mixed team. 

Btw, I still have a pile of left behind kit....that will teach me to disappear when it's time to take down the team tent !!

No comments:

Post a Comment