Friday 3 October 2014

Carn Na Drochaide - Thursday 2nd October 2014

Last day in Scotland so decide to climb another Corbett....this just might catch on with me ! A short drive, past Linn of Dee to the road end, Linn of Quoich. Just me a very smart looking M3 in the parking area....but he doesn't have a cooker in his vehicle....I do, so have a cuppa before I set off. 

I follow the River Quoich for a few kilometres and the cut up on a small path to the minor summit of Carn Na Criche. Easy walking along a broad ridge, but again battling into the wind, leads to the Corbett summit at 818m. 

My guidebook suggests a path to start with but then knee deep heathery; actually the path continues all the way back to the track, that's a relief. 

Only a short outing, back to Braemar for a quick bit of shopping and then head home, via Tiso for a late lunch. 

My next trip to Scotland will be a wee bit more organised and structured; but perhaps a few easy days out might have been good for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment