Thursday 28 July 2016

Staveley 10k - Wednesday 27th July 2016

A new race, and an addition to the Kendal AC 10k evening series. Not managed to run any of the others this year, but like the sound of this one; plenty of climb but not a place to get a 10k PB. 

I head over with CB & AB; the route is as I expected and conditions are good; a few other Helm runners there too but I am pleased to report it is not a take-over !

I set off strong and keep working hard; the hills are tough but I enjoy that; Craig and Jonny pull away, as expected, but I tuck in behind Sean, a friendly rival, and although I make ground on him I needed just an extra bit of distance to have got passed him. 

I finish in a bit longer than I had hoped, but chatting afterwards most people seem convinced that this route adds about 2 minutes to a usual 10k; on that basis I'm content with my result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment