Sunday 10 July 2016

Sedbergh Sports Fell Race - Saturday 9th July 2016

Well a 5.6km / 400m fell race is never really going to suit me, and that proves to be the case today. Last Saturday I ran for 7 hours and felt good, today I run for less than 35mins and feel crap; not helped by having felt a bit under the weather this week, a lingering cold which I thought I had fought off but returns today.....great. Anyway time to man-up, I don't want Bryn think I'm going soft ! :-)

Back to the race, it's a fast lap of the field, a mad dash up the lane and the straight up the fell, unforgiving - wet, misty and breezy too, but very mild. From the first summit, a slight dip then second climb which leads to a mad downhill on wet grass; I tried to stay on my feet, tentative running at the best, but hey overtaken by loads who decide arse-sliding is the better way to descend. 

I manage a good run on the easier slopes to the finish, and pleased to get there. 

(Disappointing)......Results

No comments:

Post a Comment