Saturday 28 November 2015

Kirkby Moor Fell Race - Saturday 28th November 2015

Not a great forecast for today, 40/50/60mph winds and plenty of the wet stuff too ! I like a challenge so head to Kirkby Moor; only raced this once before, 2011 and finished sub 1 hour, that was ok but know I won't be close to that today......my first race since August !

Anyway enough of my whinging, so KA and I head over to Beckside and have a loose plan that we might run together.......we are both unsure of the route and a bit wary of the conditions, and on top of that, KA an Achilles issue and me getting over my chest and cough problems and still cautious about my Achilles too......am I whinging again !?

Well it was grim, it was harsh, it was brutal......but actually I quite enjoyed it. Not a great time or position, but so what - good to be racing again and definitely made me feel alive. KA 3rd lady and1st V50 and also picks up a fantastic trophy for lowest overall combined time for the four Black Combe Runners races (Black Combe, Caw, Dunnerdale and Kirkby Moor)......and for me, sadly no,spot prizes at this race so I walk away empty handed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment