Saturday 7 November 2015

Hoka testing - Saturday 7th November 2015

A wet day and lacking any real plan of action. But Castleberg Outdoors in Settle have a Hoka Test weekend and I am keen to give these a try, they might just be the answer to managing distance running without Achilles pain :-/

So after lunch I'm over to Settle and try some on, they only have road shoes in my size but I compromise and wear a half size bigger for some "door to trail" Hoka's. The guys in the shop help me with a 40 minute route and I take a photo of their map as a back up. Then I'm out into the rain, mud and flowing water. The shoes are incredibly comfortable and give me the spring I have been lacking for so long. But the grip isn't sufficient today, well not with these ones, but that's not to say that the Mafate or Speedgoats wouldn't be up to the job. 

Anyway the short run goes well and I really can feel the comfort and notice the difference when I switch back to my Inov-8's to jog back to the Cali. I'm impressed and will consider. Then quick change into some dry clothes and head back into town for a long wait for the more fantastic hot chocolate I have ever had, the fudge shortbread was great too. 

A useful trip and sensible option given the weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment