Friday 21 August 2015

Heading to Ireland - Friday 14th August 2015

Not a great start to this trip - just 10 minutes before I leave, I find out I am going on my own.

It's a very wet drive to Liverpool and then a short hop over to a dry Northern Ireland. Pick up the Merc and then head down to Newcastle, just an hours drive South. First stop, Maude's for lunch and then to Donnard Park for a slow walk up Glen River to the Mourne Wall and the saddle between Slieve Donnard and Slieve Commedagh. I get good views of the race route, it's going to be another tough day and definitely too much, too soon after my Ultra.

I then head to my cottage, which is great and meet with with Marie and Carrie in Maude's, visit number 2 ! it's good to have some company and we head out for dinner, pasta required and the Italian restaurant is a good find.

Not too late to bed, need all the rest I can get ahead of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment