Tuesday 9 April 2013

Downhill Race and Staveley Run - Sunday 7th April 2013

It's Russ's Downhill Race and I am there to help. I take up my usual role, summit marshall and starter but only agree to this because of the great forecast !!



We flag the route, clear sky and warm and then a steady run back down. I pick up my pack, why so heavy ?, and then wander back to the summit; time for a quick brew before the first racers arrive, the views are great.



So about 15 or so runners in total, I set them off at 1 minute intervals. It's soon over and I have a steady run back down collecting in the flags,.

Lunch, sat outside in the sun, at the Inn by Cautley.


Then early evening I head over to Staveley for a run to Potter Tarn, Potter Fell and Brunt Knott - one of my favourite routes. A glorious evening but the breeze has picked up again and it's chilly on the summits. Coffee back at the car tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment