Saturday 20 April 2013

Anniversary Waltz - Saturday 20th April 2013

So my second time in this race; I ran well last year and was generally running well last year so do not expect to beat my time but hope for a good race.

The weather is perfect, clear and sunny but with a cool breeze. The start is fast but I don't go mad; there is about 2 miles of track before the steep climb to Robinson. Legs are again heavy and no spring in my step, really need to find a solution to this ! 

I climb ok and work hard to the summit; it's good to have some down but this is short lived and soon heading up to Hinscarth; on to Dale Head then a horrid descent to the tarn and then a good steady climb to High Spy with the wind behind me.

Good downhill running then leads to the short climb to Catbells and then a fast descent to the finish.

30th in 1 hr 58 mins, slower than last year but not too disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment