Monday 16 July 2012

Sandra Scott's JNC - Saturday 14th July 2012

So the plan was to meet with her on Rossett Pike and support her all the way to the end. Having seen her set-off last night, I spend the night in teh camper at the ODG and head off before 8. I know she was half an hour behind at Kirkstone but hopefully in the light she will make this up.

I am close to the top of Rossett Gyhll when I get the message from Russ; she has fallen further behind, about 2hrs, and is unfortunately moving very slowly due to a back injury. I spend the next 3 hours on the summit of Rossett Pike, fighting off showers, mist and then midges !

Eventually Russ arrives but no Sandra, she has decided to drop to Langdale with Ruth and Yvonne. Russ and I set-off to Styhead to meet up with Steve, her husband, to let him know. The weather is good and we make steady progress, once we see him we then head back to Langdale and meet Sandra along the valley - she is in pain :-(

Refreshments at the camper and then head hope - a disappointing day for all concerned.

Have a quick blast on bike around the Lyth Valley route early evening, needed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment