Tuesday 24 July 2012

Ingleborough Fell Race - Saturday 21st July 2012

Another new race for me, this starts from / at the Ingleton Gala. A big field, circa 200 runners and a handful of Helm runners.

At last some sunshine, this makes the steep road out of the village and climb along a limestone track hard work; it is a very runnable race, about 7 miles and 2000' of ascent. I run hard but find it hard going, I keep Alex Brown (Helm runner and Ingleton resident) in sight and catch him at the summit.

He descends well on the steeper section but I gradually catch him on the lower track and stay ahead for the mad dash back into the show field. I finished 19th in 56:20 but miss out on any prizes.

A good race and friendly atmosphere - good tea and cakes too :-) Other Helm runners run well and pick up prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment