Friday 11 May 2012

Kendal 10k - Wednesday 9th May 2012

The first race of the Kendal AC 10k series. I ran this last year and got a 10k pb but was not expecting to match or improve on that tonight - still have the 80 or so miles in my legs from the weekend.

The afternoon had been wet but the rain eased and led to good conditions. Another good Helm turn-out, we do have some runners keen on road.

I set-off strong and wonder how long it will last. Craig is on my shoulder all the way to Sedgwick, I am alternate between 3rd ,4th and 5th place. Turning left out of Sedgwick, and uphill, I pull away from Craig and soon the front runner heads stops off in a field (!) which then moves me to 2nd place. I continue to push hard, knowing that Annie Conway and Craig are not far behind and will be keeping the pressure on.

I am pleased to see the finish, and cross the line in 2nd place, 36:41 - happy with this result.

Helm finish well, we pick up 2nd and 3rd lady (mel & Kath), as well as both Mens (Me, Craig & Robert Crawford) and ladies (Mel, Kath & Shelley) team prizes.

1 comment: