Thursday 12 May 2016

Cautley Fell Race - Wednesday 11th May 2016h

I head over to Cautley with KA; I have low expectations for this race, but it's a glorious evening to be out.......cool and breezy up high though. 

It's a fast start but the pace quickly slows as we head very steeply up Yarlside; I do ok, it's a killer though. Eventually the angle eases and I work hard to break into a run for the summit. It's then a fast, grassy descent to the top of Cautley Spout and a steady climb to the elaborate sheepfold. Then another steep climb, followed by a windy run to the summit of Great Dummacks. 

Here the fun really start, a very steep flagged descent, this hurts but is short-lived; soon running back along the track to the finish. I pleased with my time, just a minute slower than last year; could have been much worse. 

Results

No comments:

Post a Comment