Thursday 31 March 2016

Parador to Vilaflor, again - Thursday 31st March 2016

So I decide to head up to Parador again on the 342, and grab a quick hot chocolate and doughnut in the cafe. Blue sky and sunshine here, but very cold wind blowing, mist and drizzle lower down.



I head out on the same path as yesterday, but this time at Degollada de Ucanca I turn left and head up a smaller path to the summit of Guajara, Tenerife's third highest peak at 2715m. The guidebook warns of scrambling and possible rockfall, but all I had to contend with was tiny shards of ice cascading down as the sun melted yesterday's frozen rain. 

The summit views are spectacular, Tiede plastered in fresh snow which might cause issues tomorrow and in all other directions looking down into a sea of mist. Then I descend into the sea of mist and keep descending until I am back a Vilaflor. A good day out.






No comments:

Post a Comment