Saturday 5 December 2015

What a day ! - Saturday 5th December 2015

Well Desmond was forecast to be bad, and he was and still is......I knew Barney wouldn't cause as much trouble a few weeks ago :-)

It's the day of the Langdale Christmas Pudding 10k, an annual event for me and one in which I have, on a few occasions, done ok in. 

But the weather is bad and the roads even worse; I am already tipped off that the road is closed to Ambleside but with no news that the race is cancelled I decide to see how far I can get. So the Cali, she is brave, and I set off......like a pair of intrepid adventurers ! We make it through the flood at Bannerigg and also the closed road at Troutbeck Bridge, but the flood and abandoned car in the middle of the road at White Cross Bay makes a tough decision a bit easier; I am also concerned that the day is due to get worse, not better and wonder whether this might have proved to be a one way street, I think it would have been (but was in Cali......might have proved to be a fun night !). 

So back through the floods and settle for a short run from Staveley. The river, the floods and the raging torrents are spectacular as well as being scary and upsetting for those affected by it all. A good little run out, a road / track loop of Reston Scar and then a quick change and in for delicious coffee and cakeS !

The weather does get worse......a sensible decision. 


No comments:

Post a Comment