Sunday 6 December 2015

The calm after the storm - Sunday 6th December 2015

Another day that doesn't go to plan, but with that comes opportunity :-) 

Desmond has left a trail of destruction, including many roads still flooded; this curtails my original plan so, instead, I manage a late afternoon run from Rydal; the wee road that leads up to the Hall is still awash and in places has been washed away completely; the lakes are full to bursting and the fell paths have been washed away, it really was a terrible storm. 

I decide to head to Fairfield, no intention of completing the full Horseshoe and did consider looping back towards Grasmere; but decide to push on to Fairfield summit; I make it there just before the light fades completely, so Pretzel out at the top, it's cool too and a keen wind blowing; but the sky is clear and the stars are starting to shine, what a fantastic place to be, even better to have shared. 

Then it's straight back the way I came; the Nao performs well and I am soon enjoying a cuppa in the Cali. A good run out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment