Sunday 27 December 2015

Wansfell Fell Race - 27th December 2015

Took a while to decide on plans for today but eventually come to the conclusion that it would be good to race at Wansfell, but may well regret that tomorrow. 

First stop Epicentre in Ambelside, quick chat with Kate and need to get an essential piece of kit ! Then bump into Julie, who I first met when camping at Stickle Tarn earlier in the year. And the to the race !

It's a popular race, and popular with Helm too, but also brutal, straight up and straight back down, nowt in between and the ground is sodden...will be fun !

Anyway, on with the race; I start steady but strong and climb well, even passing Jonny and a few other Helm runners just below the summit; but then descending is not my strong point, I am soon passed by Jonny and those other Helm runners, plus a few others ! It's steep, wet, muddy and very slippery. I do ok and finish strong on the last road section.



Results awaited.

Then after a quick soup I head out again, up to Loughrigg via the race route and back via Lilly Tarn; a steady pace and hopefully this will have helped my legs after that torturous decent ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment