Sunday 2 February 2014

Silverdale / Arnside Ride - Saturday 1st February 2014

First things first, need to put my new tax disc in the car ! Then over to Natland for a ride out to Arnside, but with the extra Silverdale loop. 

Surprisingly it looks dry out but just as I set out from home a brief and light snow shower; that tells me it's cold and judging by the way it is passing the window horizontally, windy too ! So well wrapped up from head to toe in Gore Bike Wear, I set off. 

I usually get well over half way round (Arnside) before stopping for coffee and cake but due to self imposed austerity measures I pull in at Booths in Milnthorpe and pick up my free coffee and a delicious 69p Pecan Danish pastry. 

On with the ride, uneventful really but good to be out and the weather kind too; but I was right, cold and windy. 

Back late morning and then over to New Hutton to take the Big Man, Barnus, out for a walk at Lambrigg. It's even colder and windier there but he's up for it, bounding around, perhaps to keep warm.....he's the Man :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment