Sunday 9 February 2014

An early ride and then a late run - Saturday 8th February 2014

I head out early on bike. It's dry but very breezy. From home, across Serpentine Road and onto Brigsteer Road and follow this all the way to the village. I realise as I head steeply down that my brakes don't work, fortunately at the hairpin there is a track where leads straight on and allows me to slow.....lucky no cars about. I then descend carefully with just an ounce of braking power !

Then onto Underbarrow, Crook, Staveley.....coffee and Danish.....Bowston, Burneside, Hollins Land and home. A good ride out. 

Then, unplanned, I head over to Sedbergh late afternoon and run Billy's 'Carnethy' route. The wind is behind on the way up Crook, and again onto Arrant Howe. But the descent from here is madness, the wind is close to blowing me off the ridge, a real struggle even running downhill, not pleasant.

Follow the wall round, a bit more sheltered, and then climb Winder, again the wind is is close to being too much. Don't stick around on the summit, a rapid descent back to Sedbergh and a welcome tea and cake in camper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment