Thursday 18 February 2016

Orienteering.....disaster - Wednesday 17th February 2016

I join Russ for a trip to Birkrigg Common, just outside Ulverston, for a night orienteering competetition. The good news is that I have my headtorch battery, I even have a spare and the charging lead......but, unfortunately, no headtorch......how frustrating is that. I make do with a very poor emergency headtorch I carry in the car, it's ok for map reading but doesn't even light where I put my feet, let alone light the way ahead. My confidence has been hit, but I start and struggle round, have one or two nav mishaps along the way, it's makes such a difference not knowing the area and not seems where I am heading. 

All a bit of a disaster really but, that they having been said, I quite enjoy and it's 52 minutes of exercise, but should and could have been much less ! Russ does well despite not feeling great and it's a small but well organised event; thank you to LOC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment